Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A group of Mustang enthusiasts treating each other with disrespect, and animosity truly represents the ugly side of internet/forum behavior. Catch a clue fellas, really not all that difficult to discuss our hobby without hurling insults. Sign of the times? So much hate in the world, I would suggest some reflection before travelling that road.

Moss will gladly port an upper, requisite welding and all, but he will try to steer you to a manifold that will better suit your application. It will cost quite a bit more than the vendor being talked about here, it seems to me that Tony does offer very good value for the dollars spent. I would prefer if they used the industry standard 28" depression flow numbers, I'm not sure that flow numbers scale all that well as velocities get into higher ranges, but I'm certainly not an expert.

Jay
There is a lot of people on here who hide behind these keyboards. Its their comfort zone. They have nothing better to do than spew negative things an hate. Makes them feel powerful! Hahahaaaaa

I point blank asked that guy to port the upper..
He doesn't offer that option. You know, you can't impress the world. This post is to let others know who work for a living, there is options out there.
Hope you have a great day.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I say this in the nicest way possible - I am sorry Mr. Jody but its really hard to give you credibility. The parts look nice yes. But I believe there is some real science in porting. You can mess things up real easy. You cannot tout the work without the tech / peformance and be taken seriously. If I were associated with Big Dogs I would not be very happy. They are getting splashed by this "amazing Shamwow" commercial. Shamwow's truly suck by the way. Got them as a gift. Gift giver thought they looked fancy.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The last time I saw anyone presenting BigDog as an option the thread went in a vary similar way.
Someone with an attitude, posting about awesome work, not revealing the flow numbers, nor getting them independently verified, for a combo that was not together, all the while making claims it's just a driver, then never getting back to us with any results...
Ground Hog day.

I hope your combo turns out well... I have a suspicion we'll never hear about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The last time I saw anyone presenting BigDog as an option the thread went in a vary similar way.
Someone with an attitude, posting about awesome work, not revealing the flow numbers, nor getting them independently verified, for a combo that was not together, all the while making claims it's just a driver, then never getting back to us with any results...
Ground Hog day.

I hope your combo turns out well... I have a suspicion we'll never hear about it.
The reason why, because everybody attacks the thread starter, for voicing "his" opinion. It escalates every time. Too many politics on these forums. "If I don't agree with you, f*ck you!" That's the whole world of the keyboard warriors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You lost all credibility saying they ported 1 ½" headers to flow what 1 ¾" will. That is physically impossible.
It's not impossible, It's according how the header is made. 1 3/4" header going through a 2 1/2" collector is not totally out flow a 1 1/2" header going through a 3" collector. Some header do have bottlenecks, improve the bottleneck slightly and flow will improve quite a bit.

·
Registered
851 Posts
He is making claims and recommendations with no backup. That is his opinion. But It’s simply not credible. No hate. It’s the truth. Support the claims with data and testing so we can evaluate. Flow? Dyno? The job may look great but result in a loss of performance. Come on. I’ll agree personal attacks have no place here.

Reactions: mrjody and cleanLX

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The reason why, because everybody attacks the thread starter, for voicing "his" opinion. It escalates every time. Too many politics on these forums. "If I don't agree with you, f*ck you!" That's the whole world of the keyboard warriors.
Well, I've reserved my opinion since there is no substance in this thread to base an opinion.
I've simply shared my observations/experience on threads of this subject from the past.
I hope OP puts it all together, it runs well, and reports back with more than an opinion.

Now if you want my opinion, quoting me and typing out "f*ck you" and "keyboard warriors" isn't aiding this thread... again, my opinion.
Take care.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Lmao!!! Tmoss doesn't even port the uppers.. so he can take a back seat. As far as waxing nuts.. you seem to have tmoss's all on your chin. Here you are throwing a name out there who can't doesnt even loffer a compete package? Hahahaaaa
The truck will be dynoed soon enough..so sick back back with your bonbons and wait.
I've had intakes ported by, Joe Crane, Panhandle Performance, Tmoss and Ed Curtis. The last three have upper and lowers ported and flow numbers are always provided using a pretty standardized flow bench method. How do you suppose I run a 75mm TB on an Edelbrock RPM1 intake with a 70mm opening? Tmoss as well as many others port the TB opening to 75mm. If you had bothered to research Tmoss's work; you'd see actual numbers and results often times with pictures. These are cold, hard facts and not the lies you posted above. Were you provided with flow sheets showing closely balanced flow across all ports of intake or heads?

As far as custom cams; you are uneducated and spouting your opinion. A custom cam isn't always about hp. Did you ever consider that a customer may want their car more driveable around town and their off the shelf cam isn't cutting the mustard? I can tell you that a car bucking at any rpm under 2000 is not fun in parking lots and around neighborhoods. Been there; have the bumper sticker. Good luck getting expert recommendations for a camshaft tailored to your build from any of the big cam companies. Folks like Ed were in business when you were most likely in diapers and is still going strong today. His cams are used by record setting race cars as well as your average Joe with a little 302. What hp are you seeing at the wheels while on the dyno with your OTS cam? Now put your money where your mouth is and compare numbers to a custom cam and prove your opinion. Why would you have your parts custom ported but not use a custom cam to enhance the performance of those parts? Can you tell me which OTS cam will work best with your combo and utilize the gained flow of your ported parts? Or would you rather stick any old camshaft in your engine that won't take advantage of the porting? Can you tell me if your cam choice will drive nicely on the street and not fall off at 4000rpm? Maybe your porter can spec a cam too?

Did you ever stop and consider that the folks you claim are "waxing nuts" have been there; done that? I know I have. Myself and many others have done it our way with unsatisfactory results. When you do that a few times; you start asking questions and one often discovers that their way isn't the best way. I got tired of swapping cams as well as other parts and sought out help from the pros. Why do you think so many racing teams outsource to the same builders instead of building engines in house?

As far as stock bottom end 302's and performance...You really do need to polish up on your research. You get out of them what you put into them. Why would anyone want a custom cam in a stock bottom end 302? Hmmm...I don't know. Maybe to do this:
VIDEO: World’s Fastest Nitrous Stock Bottom End Ford 302!

Just another stock bottom end

Why would you want ported parts on a stock bottom end 302? Hmmm.....You want how much RWHP out of your OTS cammed, stock bottom end 302? This is going to be fun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've had intakes ported by, Joe Crane, Panhandle Performance, Tmoss and Ed Curtis. The last three have upper and lowers ported and flow numbers are always provided using a pretty standardized flow bench method. How do you suppose I run a 75mm TB on an Edelbrock RPM1 intake with a 70mm opening? Tmoss as well as many others port the TB opening to 75mm. If you had bothered to research Tmoss's work; you'd see actual numbers and results often times with pictures. These are cold, hard facts and not the lies you posted above. Were you provided with flow sheets showing closely balanced flow across all ports of intake or heads?

As far as custom cams; you are uneducated and spouting your opinion. A custom cam isn't always about hp. Did you ever consider that a customer may want their car more driveable around town and their off the shelf cam isn't cutting the mustard? I can tell you that a car bucking at any rpm under 2000 is not fun in parking lots and around neighborhoods. Been there; have the bumper sticker. Good luck getting expert recommendations for a camshaft tailored to your build from any of the big cam companies. Folks like Ed were in business when you were most likely in diapers and is still going strong today. His cams are used by record setting race cars as well as your average Joe with a little 302. What hp are you seeing at the wheels while on the dyno with your OTS cam? Now put your money where your mouth is and compare numbers to a custom cam and prove your opinion. Why would you have your parts custom ported but not use a custom cam to enhance the performance of those parts? Can you tell me which OTS cam will work best with your combo and utilize the gained flow of your ported parts? Or would you rather stick any old camshaft in your engine that won't take advantage of the porting? Can you tell me if your cam choice will drive nicely on the street and not fall off at 4000rpm? Maybe your porter can spec a cam too?

Did you ever stop and consider that the folks you claim are "waxing nuts" have been there; done that? I know I have. Myself and many others have done it our way with unsatisfactory results. When you do that a few times; you start asking questions and one often discovers that their way isn't the best way. I got tired of swapping cams as well as other parts and sought out help from the pros. Why do you think so many racing teams outsource to the same builders instead of building engines in house?

As far as stock bottom end 302's and performance...You really do need to polish up on your research. You get out of them what you put into them. Why would anyone want a custom cam in a stock bottom end 302? Hmmm...I don't know. Maybe to do this:
VIDEO: World’s Fastest Nitrous Stock Bottom End Ford 302!

Just another stock bottom end

Why would you want ported parts on a stock bottom end 302? Hmmm.....You want how much RWHP out of your OTS cammed, stock bottom end 302? This is going to be fun.
First of all, just for the record .. I talked to Tmoss.. he said.... direct quote
" I do NOT port the upper intake".
I dont know where you get your information from.. you pull it out of thin air, or read forums all day? To answer a few of your questions though..
Yes..my cam will drive all day everyday sitting traffic with the ac on, or drive across country just like I an on doing. The reason I built this truck.
See.. you are are just looking for an argument to justify your bullshit.
I'm 48 years old.. Ive been playing with this **** while you were still sucking on your moms ****. You have no valid point what so ever in anything up there you just typed out. If you dont plan on having anything ported, why come on here talking **** about someone you have no clue about?
Because I can bring up some facts with proof.if I need to about some people on these forums if I really wanted to. But.. this isn't about them or their crooked ways.. this is an option for other people who may be interested in getting their hot rod stuff ported. Not for stupid people.like you who sit around and nothing better to do in life but be a key board warrior.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You lost all credibility saying they ported 1 ½" headers to flow what 1 ¾" will. That is physically impossible.
See.. you have ZERO clue what your are talking about. Why do you even comment?
I say this in the nicest way possible - I am sorry Mr. Jody but its really hard to give you credibility. The parts look nice yes. But I believe there is some real science in porting. You can mess things up real easy. You cannot tout the work without the tech / peformance and be taken seriously. If I were associated with Big Dogs I would not be very happy. They are getting splashed by this "amazing Shamwow" commercial. Shamwow's truly suck by the way. Got them as a gift. Gift giver thought they looked fancy.
Hey.. its all good. Im not asking for your or anyone's approval. I dont need it. I simply posted another option for others who may be intrested in having a compete package done. In not forcing anyone do anything. Thats your own choice.
Further more.. I am not an engine builder and never claimed to be. Im a flooring installer, 28 years at it. I am the best of the best at what I do.
This is a hobby, playing with cars. Its not my life and it never will be.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ground Hog day.

Stick around.. youll see what this stock motor does. Further more.. I have ZERO problem posting the flow numbers.. but its my choice not to. You want to see the flow numbers..send your stuff out to be ported

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
First of all, just for the record .. I talked to Tmoss.. he said.... direct quote
" I do NOT port the upper intake".
I dont know where you get your information from.. you pull it out of thin air, or read forums all day? To answer a few of your questions though..
Yes..my cam will drive all day everyday sitting traffic with the ac on, or drive across country just like I an on doing. The reason I built this truck.
See.. you are are just looking for an argument to justify your bullshit.
I'm 48 years old.. Ive been playing with this ** while you were still sucking on your moms **. You have no valid point what so ever in anything up there you just typed out. If you dont plan on having anything ported, why come on here talking **** about someone you have no clue about?
Because I can bring up some facts with proof.if I need to about some people on these forums if I really wanted to. But.. this isn't about them or their crooked ways.. this is an option for other people who may be interested in getting their hot rod stuff ported. Not for stupid people.like you who sit around and nothing better to do in life but be a key board warrior.
You completely missed the point and resort to belittling me. That says volumes. You also skipped over the most relevant questions. I'm also old enough to be your father. Who did I talk **** about?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You completely missed the point and resort to belittling me. That says volumes. You also skipped over the most relevant questions. I'm also old enough to be your father. Who did I talk **** about?
I dint miss anything.. your point has NOTHING to do with this thread. I didn't skip over any questions...I chose not to waste my time talking to a tree.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Look guys don't derail this thread with person shots. That's has nothing to do with making HP. I have a Big Dogs "Stage 2" intake, I'm very satisfied with what I have. I can hear the next question, "Where's your results?", my personal project is on hold due to my layoff because of this virus crap. I've been to their shop a few times. The owner is very knowledgeable and will answer any question you ask and I don't get the feeling of someone just blowing smoke (I believe I know when people are blowing smoke, just from the job I worked, lol). I personally would recommend their services, or at least ask questions. I want to see the results of this build, so relax and wait.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Listen.. all you negative minded people , one size fits all type.. I knew this was going to happen. I mean does it make people feel good to sit at a keyboard or look at your phone and get on forums to gain peoples approval? Are you afraid that there is other people out there that does better work than your buddy at a cheaper price? Is that what this place has become? Hahahaaaa
I technically could care less. I know what my build is.going to do, I may come back on here to post the dyno video.. then again, I may not. Keep them haters happy!! No end results.. thats what they seem to love. Makes them feel superior on the internet.
Yall keep it between the lines, shiny sides up..WOT!
I've had enough of youll for a while!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I don't know what porting a header is, but I am familiar with the header in question, the design and features. That one header is the only choice versus the stock horrendous junk. So the one aftermarket choice is made to bolt to the OEM stock cat pipes, which are the same 2.25" joints of all SBF OEM headers and cats since 1985.

The bottleneck is the collector, the ball joint connection. Everyone knows how bad that opening is. A 1.75" shorty header is going to have the same ball connector, just slightly bigger assuming it's a 2.5" collector pipe. But grind open the stock size header ball opening, and you'll gain a lot for sure. I doubt that alone will come close to matching a 1.75" shorty.

But it's like comparing ported GT40 intakes to many aftermarket intakes. One is ported and the others are not. It does help to port the smaller parts. The big question is what is the cost each way, and is the result good enough for either path.

Here's a pair of factory Explorer manifolds, most people don't know how bad they are.

Reactions: mrjody

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Stick around.. youll see what this stock motor does.
Looking forward to it, I wish you all the success you are aiming for.
With all sincerity, I hope you do report back.
Further more.. I have ZERO problem posting the flow numbers.. but its my choice not to.
I have a hard time understanding that... it would help greatly with this entire discussion, but, to each their own.
You want to see the flow numbers..send your stuff out to be ported
Thanks for the advice, I did just that when I built my little E7te headed 302 in 2003, and again in 2013, still with little E7te's.

Every time somebody shows a big dogs porting job the Hate always comes out lol.
I'm not sure there is any hate, but when touting great porting services, numbers to substiantiate the claims typically follow... and for some reason I've not seen BigDog customers report numbers, or come back when it's buttoned up with results, so, you must understand how it makes for questions.
I have a really hard time understanding how questioning something makes folks so secretive/angry/defensive.
Anyone asks me question about my combo I give them the data they ask for. Really, what's there to hide? None of us are running big $ professional operations where some new advanced proprietary work that if revealed could could cost us mega bucks, a championship, loss of sponsorship... and I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not out street racing/hustling my car for pink slips or 10's of thousands of dollars... again, to each their own.
Any ways, I’m up for seeing what it makes for power.
Me too.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Did you run this same combo in a ¼ mile prior to porting? If not none of this matters because we have nothing to compare it to and so what is the point of this thread outside of being an ad for the porter?

21 - 40 of 354 Posts