Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Just bought a T4 Baer 13" fronts built on modified fox spindles and 12" SS4's for the rear. I had asked LMR to measure their 17" x 9" FR500 knock off for clearance and they told me all was good... Well, They obviously didn't cut out the template and place it in the hub as the dust cover only enters the rim by 1/2" and I need 3 more inches forward!

Anyway... does anyone know of a rim that will accommodate the stock fox spindle with the enormous dust cap from Baer in 17X9 5 lug? Please help! Was planning on doing the swap this weekend, had been waiting on parts for weeks and now my little show is full stop until I find a rim that will work!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Based on what I've seen in the past, the OEM (or OEM style) wheels that have the small center caps ('95 Cobra R, '98 Cobra, FR500, Mach1, 10th Anniversary) do not work with the big dust cap. You would need to use one of the wheels that has a big center cap, like the '94-96 Cobra, "Tri-bar" GT, split-spoke GT. With that said, I don't know that any of those wheel styles will work with the wide, opposed piston calipers, which generally require wheel spokes that curve outward to clear the caliper.

Perhaps Baer can offer some wheel options that they know work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on what I've seen in the past, the OEM (or OEM style) wheels that have the small center caps ('95 Cobra R, '98 Cobra, FR500, Mach1, 10th Anniversary) do not work with the big dust cap. You would need to use one of the wheels that has a big center cap, like the '94-96 Cobra, "Tri-bar" GT, split-spoke GT. With that said, I don't know that any of those wheel styles will work with the wide, opposed piston calipers, which generally require wheel spokes that curve outward to clear the caliper.

Perhaps Baer can offer some wheel options that they know work?
I have been working this issue out with both. The answer... there is no wheel in current production that works! Baer is crediting me for the spindles and sending me the right parts for a SN95 Spindle. I picked up my SN95 94-95 spindles from Powder Coat this week! Thanks for the reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts