Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to do this for a while and finally just decided to do it. I just got one test fitted and it fits. I had to take my wheel weights off and will find a new place for them but I have about the thickness of a quarter in clearance from the wheel to the caliper. Very happy with them.

I searched google and the stang sites for someone having done this to make sure they would work, but couldn't find anyone that had done it, so I thought I would post it here in the event anyone wanted to know if they would fit or not. Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
884 Posts
Look great Ed. Do you think the clearance could get smaller when the brakes heat up on the road course?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Curt.

I don't think so but I guess I will know after I run it...lol. I hope it is not an issue. If it is, I can swap back down to the 13 inch rotor. These calipers will work with either of them.

Still waiting on my Griggs stuff. Got my Pro M EFI setup and that is my next mod and then pulling the engine for my new one. Just been waiting for parts. Hope all is well with you, Curt.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay,

Here is a straight on shot of the brakes. You can see there is plenty of 'breathing room' between the rotor and wheel. The clearance issues were with the caliper and I am not sure that is really an issue yet. I will post up when I get everything together and the car done and run it. I doubt it will be a problem based on what I have been reading and hearing from others that do this stuff. Here is a better picture of the setup. This is a straight on shot. You can see there is plenty of clearance there.

Ed

EDIT: BTW, as far as the rear is concerned, at this time, I am running the older Baer setup there but plan on going with a T4 setup probably. I just don't want to go bigger on the rotor because I want to be able to mount slicks back there for the days I get that wild hair and want to go drag racing....lol. Atleast to see what it will do. ;)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Jay,

Here is a straight on shot of the brakes. You can see there is plenty of 'breathing room' between the rotor and wheel. The clearance issues were with the caliper and I am not sure that is really an issue yet. I will post up when I get everything together and the car done and run it. I doubt it will be a problem based on what I have been reading and hearing from others that do this stuff. Here is a better picture of the setup. This is a straight on shot. You can see there is plenty of clearance there.

Ed

EDIT: BTW, as far as the rear is concerned, at this time, I am running the older Baer setup there but plan on going with a T4 setup probably. I just don't want to go bigger on the rotor because I want to be able to mount slicks back there for the days I get that wild hair and want to go drag racing....lol. Atleast to see what it will do. ;)

Any updates? I recently purchased the same brakes and I'm hoping I can use my current 17" wheels.

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Any updates? I recently purchased the same brakes and I'm hoping I can use my current 17" wheels.
baer has a template that you can print and cut and test on your wheels.

I have a number of SN95 17” wheels and found it wouldn’t clear any of the 17x8 wheels except for the 98 Cobra wheel. Tons of clearance on that one

Edit: the above is for the 13” kit. Baer also has a template for the 14” kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts