Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate these senders with a passion. Seems like I can never install and uninstall the wire without the post breaking loose. Even when I hold the bottom grooved ring so it can’t turn while loosing the lock nut. Then the gauge goes apeshit because it touches the housing. Is there anyway to fix this once it happens other than replacing the sender? If I move the loose part around just right the gauge will read okay. Is there a cheaper version cross referenced rather than $40 a pop?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
use a push on connector like factory
This next stupid one that's my plan, I'll get a little spade adapter. Even then touching that damn threaded post scares me.

Autometer rates it at 250-43 ohms on their site. I can find tons for $15-$20 that are 240-33. Makes me wonder if Autometer advertises that but it's really the same 240-33 everything else uses.

·
Registered
22,793 Posts
put a quality transducer on there and programmable gauge if you need extreme accuracy

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not too worried about extreme accuracy. I'm also logging it via my Holley. I'd just like to retain of the 2 5/8th gauge. Think one of those 240-33's would be worth giving a shot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts