Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Rhs is Chinese?

I thought they were New Zealand when pro topline and rhs/comp bought them and they now cast in China?
My bad. You are correct.

·
Registered
549 Posts
DEALER-Steven performance cylinder head

wonder what castings they are suppling to summit and jegs… guessing mostly BBC/ SBC STUFF but this is where the Sve heads come from.

Jegs also has the Proheader dart clone sbf casting now under the RPC brand.
I just looked and didn't see any proheader or RPC heads on jegs. I could be missing something since Jegs is the worst organized website in the world.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
How long until someone makes a Yates D3 knockoff. :drool:

If you are going to make counterfeits might as well counterfeit the $100 not the $20.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Rhs is Chinese?

I thought they were New Zealand when pro topline and rhs/comp bought them and they now cast in China?

There are only two times that I'll believe someone telling me where their stuff originates.

1> If they tell me it's cast in China.

2> If I'm watching them pour the casting and I have my iPhone to make certain they didn't kidnap me and shanghai me to China.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
There are only two times that I'll believe someone telling me where their stuff originates.

1> If they tell me it's cast in China.

2> If I'm watching them pour the casting and I have my iPhone to make certain they didn't kidnap me and shanghai me to China.
one thing about china is they have no problem selling it to someone else and don't care who owned the design, So they tend to show up under a few brands as long as there is a market and someone willing to buy them by the pallet load.

hell some are all ready selling the SBC/ ls heads bare cnc'd straight from china its like most of the asain ford heads you see on ebay, a lot are just slapping a cheap spring kit and basic 21-4N sbc 2.02/1.60 valves in them or importing them fully assembled.

·
Registered
353 Posts
One of my friend made a little 306 with ebay 600$ 190cc heads.

11:1 Compression
Ebay 190cc 600$ Aluminium heads
TFS Stage 2 Camshaft
Edelbrock Victor Jr 302 Intake
650 Holley Double pumper carb
1 3/4 BBK Long tube headers

Engine made 368 HP on a engine dyno.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Subscribing...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Stay away from pro comp at all cost.
I tried to go cheap....
Ended up selling disclosing what I found and reselling them for a $400 loss.
Look how far these ports were off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Some guys have taken the procomp canted valve castings and made a LOT of steam with them. But how much did they have to put into 'em? Dunno.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've bought and used several Chinese manufactured sensors and it's been hit or miss. some fit and some didn't. Some went bad fast and some didn't. After dealing with that I would not chance a major engine part made in China like a Cylinder head.

·
Registered
24,312 Posts
making high performance heads might be a little too advanced for them

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
You've got Top Fuel and you've got brackets...for a reason.
The economics of professional drag racing elude me. I can't understand how they afford it. I mean how can you make money doing that?!?!?! From the truck to carry everything to paying the driver, crew chief and pit crew to running and refreshing the car and the car(s). It boggles my mind how they pay for it all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The economics of professional drag racing elude me. I can't understand how they afford it. I mean how can you make money doing that?!?!?! From the truck to carry everything to paying the driver, crew chief and pit crew to running and refreshing the car and the car(s). It boggles my mind how they pay for it all.

#sponsors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 119 Posts