Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did the GT40P motor swap on my '79 Zephyr a long time back and had such great success that I am doing it again with my '93 LX I picked up a few weeks ago. That old Zephyr was a real screamer with just a stock HO cam and 1.7 rockers. I used MAC long tubes on it, don't recall exactly which ones but had no issue with plug clearance, just used 90* plug boots.

Here are pics of the plug clearance with the ford racing shorties on my current '00 explorer motor, plenty of clearance just use 90* plug boots on these too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm running a GT40P in my 66 Mustang for 2 years now. I used off the shelf MAC long tubes. A little tight with the plug wires but very doable. This is my write up on what's involved to install a P motor in a early Mustang. I'm running a 91 5.0 cam and for a while Crane Cobra 1.72 rockers. I just put the stamped factory rockers back in as the Cobra rockers were so noisy. I bought them used so maybe they were worn out. It seems to run just as strong with the stock rockers. https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/1012953-got-my-gt40p-up-running-my-66-a.html

·
Registered
166 Posts
What long tubes all work with the P heads? I have a set of Summit brand long tunes and curious if they will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
I used BBK LT’s on a build years ago. Had more than enough clearance and no issues at all.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts