Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
read threw all those but dose anyone know if the JBA shorties will fit on the p heads?

·
Registered
63 Posts
read threw all those but dose anyone know if the JBA shorties will fit on the p heads?
yeah they will. I have them on mine right now with no problems. I'm using wires with 90* plug boots though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
what injectors throttle body maf shold i use with gt 40 p heads snd gt 40 upper n lower and f cam on a stock bottom end

·
Registered
95 Posts
sorry i asked a question that was not asked in this section i just wanted a simple response to a simple question with out any smart replies

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice! :D

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
sorry i asked a question that was not asked in this section i just wanted a simple response to a simple question with out any smart replies
There is a reason nobody has responded yet.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
I will say from personal experience that if you are going to pay a porter do the work, GT40 heads are a COMPLETE and total waste of money. By the time you pay to get the portwork done, install new valves/springs/seals etc... you'll have just as much into them as a nice used set (or NIB sometimes) of aluminums that will make more power, are lighter and have a lot more room to grow especially the Twedges that can get taken out to make huge power on 351 based strokers. Actually, even if you don't pay and DIY, the savings isn't all that great.

I paid $700 shipped for a very nice set of Performer RPMs with under 2,000 miles on them. Even if you could get a set of new bare castings and put decent parts into them I doubt you'd do much better $$$ wise when all is said and done, even with just a valvejob.

Reactions: tmoss

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
took my buddies 88gt to Mcnews automotive on tuesday to get dynoed

made 275hp and 310tq

COMBO

stock short block
tfs stage 1
stock unported gt40p's converted to stud mount rockers
1.6 roller rockers
edelbrock performer 5.0
accufab 70mm TB and spacer
anderson power pipe
anderson maf and 24# injectors
39lbs of fuel and 12* timing
running stock fan and all accessories including A/C
T5 and 4.10 gears

once i figure how to download from my new video camera i will post a vid

car was taken to COLLINDALE PERFORMANCE around philly area where my buddy lives. they were recommended to him by several people. they could only get 207hp and 217tq, they told my buddy that if he wanted more he needed a blower. after getting the car i found a burnt spark plug wire, timing at 8*, fuel pressure at 42lbs and the vacuum tube to the fpr was pushed into the rubber elbow to far blocking it off so no vacuum to the fpr. they told my buddy they did around 20 pulls with the car running like this.

·
Registered
153 Posts
great thread.. but i've read several different opinions throughout the threads.
i want to put on GT40 P Heads..
I don't have the money for new headers, (I have MAC shorty headers) but i've read quite a few threads that say all you need is spark plugs with 90* ends and the P heads will fit with the exhaust. i'm not afraid to bang in the header a tad either.
yes or no?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
great thread.. but i've read several different opinions throughout the threads.
i want to put on GT40 P Heads..
I don't have the money for new headers, (I have MAC shorty headers) but i've read quite a few threads that say all you need is spark plugs with 90* ends and the P heads will fit with the exhaust. i'm not afraid to bang in the header a tad either.
yes or no?
thread 33, replies 8 and 9

·
Registered
439 Posts
figured I'll chime my nickles worth. My old 302 build was this-
110k mile stock 91 short block
stock p heads/rockers/p rods from the et7e heads, tfs spring kit
tfs1 cam, explorer intakes & tb(65mm), #24 injectors , 73mm mass air
summit brand 1.5" long tubes, stock a9p, 16 degrees, 39psi
only ran alt, wp & tensioner w stock pullies, msd 6a

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is this thread still alive?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks.....lots of info to take in....should have made my thread here... :(

Sorry All....... new to site...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any difference between aluminum turbo swirl gt40s y302 heads and gt40p such as springs or is the only difference that the turbo swirls are auluninum

21 - 40 of 65 Posts