Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't see much people on here talking about lightning trucks, but figured I would give it a shot..........I cleaned my intercooler and sent my blower off to Johnny "JPS" for a complete rebuild and port. I decided to plug the bottom of the turkey pan and wondered if anyone has ever thought about hooking up a methanol/water injection in that spot? I have methanol injection on my truck, but its a post blower hook up. I would think this would cool the air much more since it is after the blower. Just wondering if anyone has done this and how it worked out for them?

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
Hmmmm, not sure on that one sounds like a good spot for ease of installation, but I don't think it would get equal distribution to all of the intake runners. Honestly, I would mount it in the intake before the throttle body, or in the upper plenum. Equal distribution and it would also cool the intercooler. Plus if you needed to get to the nozzle, it would be a PITA in the turkey pan port.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 04 Lightning I installed two nozzles just below the IAC valve on the upper intake. Had to drill and tap the upper intake but looks very clean and works great. I had installed a single shot before the tb prior but did not like the look or small amounts of Meth puddling down by air cleaner. I also found out that the coating on the blower rotors starts to peel and plug up the intercooler fins. I had ported and polished the blower prior to install but had left coating on rotors. Have them remove the coating from rotors during the porting process to eliminate possible peeling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts