Ford Mustang Forums banner

31081 - 31100 of 31178 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
:eek:That's a motorcycle, or even better than one. That makes my jaw drop, I've never owned a car with better than 20mpg on the highway. My dad's old 2009 3.6 Cadillac is better than that, but I only drive it about once a week for a short distance. I grew up being used to 15mpg, or worse when I built my first 351 Cleveland. You don't watch the mileage on that kind of car, you just fill it up every few days.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
That'll get great gas mileage just from the low weight.

The MKZ I'd like is over 4000lbs, and it's actually a small sedan. Do we need all the new features, for safety or not?
Oh it does. 53mpg lifetime. Takes 6.5 gallons per week for 375 miles give or take.

:eek:That's a motorcycle, or even better than one. That makes my jaw drop, I've never owned a car with better than 20mpg on the highway. My dad's old 2009 3.6 Cadillac is better than that, but I only drive it about once a week for a short distance. I grew up being used to 15mpg, or worse when I built my first 351 Cleveland. You don't watch the mileage on that kind of car, you just fill it up every few days.
its a 1000cc 3 cylinder with 55hp. It IS pretty much a motorcycle engine - without the sexy redline. And horsepower. Lol

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
Richard is the hypermiling king in the Metro. As it should be.

Yeah, all the new 'performance' stuff - domestic or not seems to all be in the 3500-4500 lb. range. Liking the Corolla more and more. I'll have to get it on scales somewhere. Probably 2100 lbs. or so.

All the talk of fuel mileage reminds me of going out to get the car. My buddies 2500 class Yukon XL with the 8.1L gasoline engine (496 cube big block) pulling a double axle enclosed 24' trailer. How'd the trip go? It went like this - drive 4 hours, stop, change drivers, put $100 worth of gas in, rinse, repeat.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
My best friend is an old motorcycle guy, he loved the Honda CBX's of the early 80's. He still has 2-3 of them, he was collecting parts to build and sell a while back. Those were 1000cc's, but a straight six.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
4,821 Posts
Just caught up on what I missed over two weeks. Yikes Richard glad you survived the trailer situation!! Idiots on the road!!!

Have you all been flowing the gun KontroL laws being passed in OR? Wowwww.... lets hope/pray it doesn’t move east.

As always, going after law abiding folks not the gang bangers.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
Have you been following the move to have the eastern counties of Oregon become part of Idaho?

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
4,821 Posts
Yes I’ve followed that as well. I hope they pull it off.

Money made on that Mustang was pretty crappy as we’ve discussed before!

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
From a ROR perspective - not great. For that car in this market - pretty strong.

No way Idaho and Oregon legislatures and Congress will approve. People will have to move....and many are doing so. Only hope the progressive/liberals stay put.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
They won’t stay put. They will leave when the money (tax base) continues to go away yet spending increases.

They’ll settle in new areas and start all over again.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I've missed the OR, ID stuff.

Been doing some random stuff.

John and his dad came over to frame up my top hoist in my garage. Using an ATV winch up top and straps to pull and then secondary straps as safety cables. Not perfect yet but it'll surely male taking it off and putting it on much easier and in theory, a one man job.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
Our camping neighbor had a 73 bronco at the rod run. You can see pics in my recent Facebook album. Full frame off, powder coated frame and suspension pieces, 3” lift, 302/5spd, ps pb conversion. It was absolutely immaculate. He had a 95k price tag on it. The “it’s not for sale but I’ll sel it for this” price. He was also in a 750k Rv. Bus chassis class A, lots of slides, tag axle, 500hp pusher diesel. It was a beast. Pulling his 10k enclosed trailer with the Bronco of course.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
“ They will leave when the money (tax base) continues to go away yet spending increases.” With $30 trillion in fed debt looking to be $36 trillion by next year - those who leave for tax relief will have to leave the country. $36T = $180,000 obligation for each person 21 and older. It’s gonna be great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've missed the OR, ID stuff.

Been doing some random stuff.

John and his dad came over to frame up my top hoist in my garage. Using an ATV winch up top and straps to pull and then secondary straps as safety cables. Not perfect yet but it'll surely male taking it off and putting it on much easier and in theory, a one man job.
Mines been hanging for 20 years or better. Once I bought a soft top I never put it back on.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
Ya’ll may remember I helped my buddy Brad pull the 4.2L out of his E-type Jag about 18 months ago. He rebuilt the whole front of the car, converted automatic to 4 speed manual and went to a 3 carb set up from 2 carb. Sat. we tried to start but were foiled by spark issues... he’ll get it figured out. Never dreamed I’d get to work on old Jags and Ferraris when I was trying to keep my old 55 Chevy running in high school.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
FREEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM!

For two weeks anyway. A much needed two week break from school before classes start for summer. Made an 85 on the final exam in statistics. Still waiting on final project grade that was submitted three weeks ago that’s worth 20% of grade. I’d say I’ll have a solid B in the class. Should have an A in my critical thinking class unless I bombed the final argumentative essay. Even if I bombed it I’ll have an easy B.

I really wanted to go to the cars and coffee this morning but I submitted my paper and did my final exam last night. Car wasn’t ready although I could have just driven up. Well over 6000 cars there, had no idea it was such a big event.

And finally, if you’ve never seen a mailbox made of 1/8” plate steel, here you go. Ha fri replace the hinges on the door. Box weighs at least 50# and is mounted on a 20,000# basement post in the ground three feet. Been in action for thirty years with nary a scratch from mailbox bandits. New hinge and fresh coat of paint and it’s back at it 04731B87-18BA-4D0D-8BE1-29064150F13E.jpeg

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I like those kind of home made mail boxes. The ones I hated were a simple small pipe or square pipe, used for mail. Those were too small and the several I had didn't have a door either. My favorite was the box of Dolly Parton's parents, that one was huge and likely 1/4" steel. The door was about 18" wide and kind of shaped like a barn, all red, and very heavy. That was back in the early 90's. On that one route(RR01) we delivered to the parents, one brother(Denver), and one older sister(Freda I think she was(misspelled I'm sure)).

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
I've read that the C&C (in Knoxville, right?) is that big -- but just couldn't fathom how that even works....

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Is that one at Chilhauwee Park? That has a very large campground.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
It’s held at west town mall from 7-11 on Sunday morning. Three times a year I think. Wraps around entire mall. Everything from exotics to model T’s. My buddy walked it all and it took him the entire 7-11 time frame.

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
That's cool, West Town Mall has gone backwards with recent closings there, Sears etc. That's a great use of the property, and East Town Mall would be a good place for that kind of event also.

31081 - 31100 of 31178 Posts