Ford Mustang Forums banner

30881 - 30900 of 30907 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I like that Frank, a nice clean engine bay. But what's the engine to be, that's narrow for sure?

·
Registered
35,831 Posts
The bigger, for me Don, is I can’t give that article any mor credence than I can the Covid “statistics” I read. We access to more info and data than ever - and it’s harder than ever to figure out what the truth is.

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The bigger, for me Don, is I can’t give that article any mor credence than I can the Covid “statistics” I read. We access to more info and data than ever - and it’s harder than ever to figure out what the truth is.
Yes absolutely I agree, it's tough to know what is fact, versus BS etc. We are bombarded by vast amounts of false everything. Propaganda used to be a word rarely used in reality, basically only in schools(here, not out in totalitarian lands).

Given the high numbers of reported Covid deaths which include multiple other common issues, I think those caused by the flu is very very minute. I was shocked to read the 6% suggested true death by Covid, but seeing more and more actual examples of such deaths, the truth is closer to that small figure, than the total they love to brag/claim on CNN etc, shown on screen all day long. A decent news organization would not tout/display death numbers on screen constantly.

It's about logic, and their logic is not believable. It makes zero sense to shut down a huge amount of all businesses, given the low death rate(even their exaggerated numbers).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like that Frank, a nice clean engine bay. But what's the engine to be, that's narrow for sure?
351w 4R70W

That the MG Frank?
Going to keep it stock outside-ish. This pic was first day at home.
Looked at ecoboost, 2300 ford motors, chevy v6, etc.
So far, I only had to cut apart the tunnel, move the steering column back and down for the heads to fit.

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Oh man I love the MGB GTs. I drove one once and I loved the notchy feel of the stick.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh man I love the MGB GTs. I drove one once and I loved the notchy feel of the stick.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I had friends with TR's, MG's etc. Always was fascinated with them. Found this one in loudon for cheap. I had every intention on pulling the big 80hp motor. ...and then there is the king pin/lever shock suspension.

Just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. All the welding/making room is done. Starting the put together.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
I can officially say that three classes in one semester is almost too much. Thankfully one of the classes finishes in two weeks but boy howdy this semester is challenging.

My daughter has decided on a major for college. She is going to Tennessee Wesleyan for Dental Hygiene. I'm sure her working at a dentist office since last summer had an influence on her decision. She had several long discussions with her boss about dental hygiene, and was considering it, nursing, and occupational therapy. I was a little concerned about it at first, but then found out they make comparable salary to a registered nurse and most of the time they are off on Fridays. LOL

She is #1 in her high school class (graduating this spring) and had lots of schools knocking on her door. However, my wife works at Tennessee Wesleyan, and it's hard to turn down 100% free from my wife being employed there. Even if my wife didn't work there, she still had a substantial scholarship offer of 18k/semseter (there are a bit expensive and a private school).

So, pretty happy she has made these decisions. We stressed to her to choose her major first, then we would figure out what school was best. Just so happened it was a win/win. She will have a bachelors in Dental Hygiene, which means not only can she be a practicing hygienist, but could also teach hygiene at the college level, get a job in research, etc. Better income potential with a bachelors in hygiene vs an associates.

She is also likely going to start school this summer, with the goal of graduating from school a year early.

Our son is wrapping up his junior year at Tennessee Tech in mechanical engineering. He appears to be much less stressed than he was his first two years. Getting used to the demands of the program and truly learning how to study, and in his words "I'm not as worried about stuff as I was" makes for a much more relaxed 20 year old. No word yet on whether he is going to do his master's or not. We shall see.

Reactions: broncobuddha

·
Registered
35,831 Posts
Good news all Richard -- hang in there; I'm sure you're crushing it too. The apples don't fall too far from the tree.

RE: your son. Love this old saying --- Freshman know nothing, and don't know that they know nothing. Sophomores know nothing and they KNOW that they know nothing. Juniors have figured it out but don't know that they've figured it out. Seniors have it figured out and they know it.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
35,831 Posts
3 positive tests at mom’s place; mom’s on lockdown until her test come’s back negative. Thankfully they’re allowing us in as caregivers rather than visiting family.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Has she had the vaccine?

·
Registered
35,831 Posts
2/21 was her 2nd shot - 1-2 weeks AFTER for full effectiveness. But nobody has worked inoculation into their “uh-oh” protocols yet. Jean’s had her first; my first is on 3/6.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I hope everyone stays healthy. Any illness is no fun, and bad for anyone with compromised immune systems.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
MG looks awesome Frank! Should be a fun project. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

For my DC fan control users, I have a question. I upgraded my fan controller from his original one I bought 15+ years ago with a now ~2yo FK75/FK95 unit. Been working flawlessly I might add.

Last night driving thru the rain and some puddles I have to admit, i noticed it stopped working. This morning I've checked out the connections. I have power at the INLET stud when measured against the center ground stud as well as chassis ground (12.01 v). When i have ignition power on (verified at the unit) I have no power going out.

I've removed the temperature monitor connector (two wire) and the three wire control connector multiple times to remove any mild oxidation that could be there. No change.

The unit is vertically mounted on the passenger side lower radiator support for what it's worth and has been since it was the old original unit. Decent airflow and fins vertically positioned.

I am at a loss. This thing is fully potted and has always been super robust so I expected to find a loose connection to explain my situation, but I've not found anything yet.

Any thoughts for this old man?

Thanks!

Reactions: MustangII460x2

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Are you SURE it’s stopped working? Are you running fan and electric water pump?

have you let it sit and idle and confirmed it’s not working? Kick theAC on does it come on (assuming you have it set up that way)

Reason I ask is because it only comes on when needed, and our current weather is providing plenty of cooling, especially when car is moving.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
With battery charger on I am getting over 12.5v into the unit. Ground of course has continuity to chassis as I checked taht as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Mine is wired so that it always is running with ignition power. 10% or so, Brian deleted the option of allowing folks to have it off if no power cooling was needed. Mine is wired for full on with AC but correct, with AC turned on in the car, I get no power out at the stud shown.

I was able to get Brian to respond just moments ago so he's helping provide some thoughts on these pictures as well.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Found a bit of corrosion between the voltage OUT stud and the cooling fin. I cleaned it off and will cover with dielectric grease but that wasn't it once I removed it. Voltage at input voltage stud is 14.7v with car running. Brian gave me a test to check voltage at pin #11 which I'll next check. I fear that small bit of corrosion may have fried my unit? TBD shortly.

You can ALMOST see the corrosion in the picture above but it's really hidden under the thin tie wrap.

UPDATE- Brian says his unit is well insulated and that will cause no issues. Had me check my voltage at pin 11 with AC off and AC on. We will see what that reveals. I am at a loss.

Lexus drivers side half shaft fell out with very little warning. Interesting pic I'll show next....

Half shaft fell out of the CV joint. I had a vibration and didn't quite figure it out till I got to work. THEN BOOM! it fell out. I guess i can't complain with 320k miles on her huh?

Attachments

Reactions: MustangII460x2
30881 - 30900 of 30907 Posts