Ford Mustang Forums banner

30361 - 30380 of 30473 Posts

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Thanks, at first I wondered if it was my PC and not the site, then I noticed it's only on this one forum I visit.
I actually messaged Ihara about the issue and then accidentally found the cause on twitter when someone else mentioned the same thing.

·
Registered
35,677 Posts
Good stuff Richard! So, does anyone make something that alerts the driver - 'hey, you just lost a wheel....'

·
Registered
35,677 Posts
Started chassis bracket fab. Only took me to 65 to figure out if you notch the piece, you can get it to bend exactly where you want it to. Duh. I'll re-use the piece that I cut my strut brace bits out of -- I can get a nice, curved piece for each side of this bent piece - 3 sided box.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Good stuff Richard! So, does anyone make something that alerts the driver - 'hey, you just lost a wheel....'
They really should. Some may do it, I just know mine doesn’t. It’s way more common than you think lol.

You know, a person should just drop a couple of full rear ends under a camper, axles and all. They are WAY more robust than the junk currently going in there. Would cut back on the maintenance too.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Nice work on the fab. I kind of already knew the notch trick, but never used it in metal. Mainly foam core, which is what I use at work on a daily basis.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts

·
Registered
35,677 Posts
Put some paper under the car and used a plumb bob to help determine where the chassis bracket should go. Perfect world, the rod is parallel to both the ground and the rear axle at static ride height. Discovered I'm gonna have to move the rod a bit further back. So I cut the tack welds on the shock bracket and re-worked it. Drilled some holes for 3 plug welds because getting the MIG tip into that 90 degree area keeps the tip a little too far away from the work to get a really good weld. This new piece moves the rod about 3/8" further back which should allow enough clearance between the rod and the ring-gear-hump of the axle housing.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Great work Michael. thanks for the secret on bending metal exactly in the right spot.

Like the info on TPMS and range extension also guys!

Ive got the family on a beach just north of St Augustine FL While kids are out of school this week. Great time each morn spending time in the Word with a sunrise like this....
129F01C4-0DFB-4120-B95A-5083F7164FB3.jpeg

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
i watched a video on the LC500 last week. I can imagine that being a great cruiser driving to see my grandkids and kids as I retire. Not as full out ultimate speed but good handling and lots of comfort with Lexus level quality. My ‘02 ES300 has 308k miles so far and will be given to my kids to drive shortly. I like cars so well built!

ill never buy a new one but maybe in 8-10 yrs I might find one used cheap enough to consider. 55yo now so that could leave time to enjoy it a bit.....

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
35,677 Posts
LOL - given the way it looks like the election is gonna pan out - I’d say spend your money now. Before they take it away to give it to someone else.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
No way around it our country is headed down a bad path.... financially, politically, and more.

“we live in interesting times indeed....”

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
The 292 mile Cobra up above sold for $67,000 today.
You beat me to it lol. Car was around 20k give or take brand new.

Figure in storage cost, insurance, whatever maintenance and might have made a little money on it. He sure didn’t enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
35,677 Posts
Why yes. Let's take apart a perfectly good, upholstered trunk. When I stopped tonight - 18 wood and sheet metal screws all under the glued down carpet. Still haven't solved the riddle. Stopped for lasagna and wine.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Lol

30361 - 30380 of 30473 Posts