Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent the last 2 months daily driving my car perfecting the tune and really getting to know the AEM. I am now planning to upgrade the injectors. I am currently on the stock injectors. I will be swapping to a set of fuel injectors almost 3 times the size. Fuel pressure will remain the same. As well as everything else with the car will remain the same.

My questions are:

When selecting the injector size out of the list under injector battery wizard. Does it matter which 1000cc injector I choose? There are a few to choose from.

If I run higher than 43.5psi fuel pressure. How do I adjust for that in injector size? Since this directly effects the injector flow.

My tune is pretty much dead on right where I want it. Since I am only swapping the injectors. Will just choosing the correct injector size get my very close to where I was? Or will I be spending another 2 months re-tuning everywhere?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To answer my own question....

https://youtu.be/t9gMPH6DbEU

But I'm still curious about choosing the "correct" injector. What if the brand of injector I have is not listed. Does it really matter?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The injector wizard does two things:
1) sets the battery offsets table response times for the specific injector you choose.
2) scales the fuel and enrichment tables for the change in injector size.

It will get you close, but I doubt it will be perfect and will probably require some tweaking to cold start and driveability. If they don't have your injector, just pick an injector that is close and then update the battery offset table manually using the injector offsets from the injector manufacturer.

You used to be able to send AEM an injector and they would flow it and update their database with the injector offsets. Since they're not supporting the Series 1 boxes anymore I'd assume they're not doing anything like that for the AEM Pro software.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts