Ford Mustang Forums banner

AEM Infinity flex fuel option

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mjm8850 
#1 ·
I will be getting back to work on my '88 331 turbo true street car soon and wanting to see if anybody has experience with the new AEM Infinity computer. I thought I would run strictly E85 for fuel using my current AEM box. I realized that the distance between E85 stations around me is too far to rely on 100%. I really need a flex fuel option. Is the Infinity a better choice than trying to adapting a flex fuel sensor to my existing AEM box? I still plan on setting this up with cam and crank sensors and LS coil packs.

#3 · (Edited)
AEM

I've used the infinity on 2 different mod motors, both configured with flex fuel and I must say they are fun to play with, if you have a stick the traction system and limiter options are awesome. Used factory cam, crank sensors and coils.

283ci 4v with AEM flex fuel 72.5% using GM flex fuel sensor
optimised boost vs heat 4th gear run(blue), AG 1-5 (red), 15lbs flat 3500-8000 (green) 68MM turbo 9.4:1 Very conservative tune using individual cylinder knock detection.

Text Line Diagram Plot Design

If you have a series 2 there should be a software update to include flex fuel calculations. If you have a series 1, go to the infinity and you will be more than satisfied if not ecstatic about what you can do with it and how smoothly your engine will run.

#4 ·
Still haven't decided what to do. The high impedance 160lb E85 compatible injectors that I was waiting on are not going to be produced. Injector Dynamics has some new E85 130 lb injectors that i could probably make due with, but they are beyond expensive. Might have to change my mind again about the E85 and flex fuel. Dumping close to $4,500 for injectors , a flex fuel sensor and new computer is starting to seem like a bad idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.