Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of setting up my AEM 30-1400 and my engine has a 302 (CAM)firing order ,but the AEM has the HO (351) firing order.Is it possible to change the software so the injectors have the 302 firing order ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinking hit fuel tab -advanced fuel option - injector phasing then the options
Thanks.I have looked at the software without it being hooked to the ECU .Is it as simple as changing the order or is it more complicated ? I guess what I mean ,I don't see the firing order listed or does it only happen when the software is hooked to the ECU?

·
Registered
95 Posts
you should be able to see it unconnected or at least on aempro. I believe all you have to do is figure out which tooth you want to fire which injector. At least I think

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
believe so. im real new to all this as well
half of them should stay the same way im figuring it
Did you get anywhere with this? I am getting ready to start my car in a few weeks.Not really sure how to go about this injector phasing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm wondering the same, kinda. I have an 80's (i think?) 302 non roller motor in my Fox. I cant get the car to start at all. Just cranks with no indication of starting.

Is it possible that my firing order is off? I thought that would be controlled by the cam and distributor, and not matter in the software...?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up selling mine and going to Holley efi,so much easier.I did get mine running with AEM but with being obsolete it was hard to get info /help.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I ended up selling mine and going to Holley efi,so much easier.I did get mine running with AEM but with being obsolete it was hard to get info /help.
So since you were able to get it running...

What did you do about the firing order situation?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts