Ford Mustang Forums banner

A9L issue

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  BIKSPNKR 
#1 ·
Today i wanted went to get my car tuned on the dyno. Combo is a boss block windsor with highports, super vic and a fti hyd roller. When the cam was spec'd I specified a 7k shift point. I have Ed's recommended springs and I have lgm shaft mount rockers.

When we tried to make a pull to 7k the car shuts down at 6450. Its almost like it hits a really soft rev limiter. The a9l limiter was upped to 7500 and my digital6 limiter was set to 7500 also. Nothing worked The car will not rev pass 6450 no matter what we tried. I've read about people shifting stock computers past 7k, so what can I do to allow me to do the same?

#3 ·
There is a PIP filter setting in the scalars. If you don't move the PIP filter but you move the RPM limit you can run into that.

I didn't have to reclock mine until I went over 7500 RPM, but I did have to increase the PIP filter in the scalar tables. You might read up on that.

#5 ·
I run a PMS with digital 6AL. If I set the rev limiter on the 6AL and the PMS to similar numbers, it makes my motor do similar things to yours. And at about the same RPM. I turn the 6AL rev limiter off and just use the PMS rev limiter. Then things are fine. I do still use the 2 step function though with the 6 AL. Not sure if that's what is happening with you though. I thought it was weird in my case. Have you tried bypassing the 6AL and just run the OEM hookup at the coil to see if it has any affect? When I ran the old style 6AL it didn't do that.

#11 ·
I'm sure y'all already have this done, but have you maxed out FN037 - Max Airflow vs RPM @ 2k RPM & up?

If you haven't, you can hit a wall and motor will fall on face. In your case, at about 660HP (1815 kg/hr) @ 6450 RPM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.