Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to this forumn & looking for some help/info. While posting on the vintage mustang forumn a couple of days ago it dawned on me to check a late model mustang site for some possible help with my 5.4 DOHC . I have a 97 F150( I know it not a mustang) in Nov I finished a INSTALLING THE FOLLOWING 99 NAV 5.4, 2014 6R80,HAVE A FORD RACEING CONTROL PACK FROM A 2014 GT 500 & ASSOCIATED WIREING HARNESSES FROM POWER BY THE HOUR. THE 5.4 IS A STOCK ENG WITH A FORD RACEING 2014 GT 500 60MM DRIVE BY WIRE THROTTLE BODY MODIFIED TO FIT THE NAV INTAKE. FINALLY FOUND A TUNER ( AFTER SEARCHING THE 6 MONTHS I PUT IT TOGETHER) WHO LOCKED THE VARIABLE CAM TIMING DOWN IN THE ECM & WORKED THRU THE FUELING TABLES TO GET IT RUNNING PRETTY DAM GOOD FOR THE MOST PART. THE TUNER SAID THE THROTTLE BLADES BOUNCE AROUND BETWEEN 5/15% SOMETIMES AT IDLE( WHEN IT'S IN GEAR). MAKES IT ROUGH IDLEING THRU A PARKING LOT OR STOPPED AT A LIGHT. TALKED TO MY CONTACT AT POWER BY THE HOUR & WAS TOLD THEY SOMETIMES HAVE THIS ISSUE ON THE MUSTANGS THRU THEIR SHOP WITH THIS THROTTLE BODY & NEVER GET IT RESOLVED. MY TUNER SAID IT IS AS THE ECM IS SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING & NOT FINDING IT. SOMETIME WHEN I'M DRIVEING IT ,SEEMS AS IF THE ECM& GAS PEDAL AR'NT IN SYNC. THIS IS MY FIRST VENTURE INTO ECM/ CONTROLLED MODULAR ENGS WHICH IS AN EXTREMELY STEEP LEARNING . CURVE. ANY!!!!! INFO/HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.. THANKS. Looks as if the people here are all over the DOHC modular eng.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts