Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It's been a while and some progress has been made so here are a few updates. I dropped the car off at Tig Vision to install a cage and do the turbo pipe fabrication.

Lower radiator support was in real bad shape from the previous owner and I wanted to lay the radiator down so off it came.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Haven't updated this in a while. Got everything completed under the hood.

Interior back together.

Initially I had a single 60mm waste gate right at the merge point but since it had to make a 180* turn I had major boost creep. I switched to a pair of 38's and they worked perfectly in the right location. First time out with the new waste gates on 14 psi I went 9.44 @ 142.07.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Couple of shots from a track rental we had a month ago.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As always, I love this build! You must have zero freetime keeping the build threads updated on all the different forums lol.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I paid $800 shipped for mine with 88k miles on it. Prices range anywhere from $250-1200 depending on year and mileage and shipping if it's not local. One at our local scrap yard usually have 140k+ on them and you can get them for $400.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I paid $800 shipped for mine with 88k miles on it. Prices range anywhere from $250-1200 depending on year and mileage and shipping if it's not local. One at our local scrap yard usually have 140k+ on them and you can get them for $400.
Thats not bad at all, love the car. So basically if you get the motor with accessories, you just need headers, mounts and front suspension? What year 5.3 is preferable?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
As always, I love this build! You must have zero freetime keeping the build threads updated on all the different forums lol.
LOL and you see what happens I forgot about this one.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thats not bad at all, love the car. So basically if you get the motor with accessories, you just need headers, mounts and front suspension? What year 5.3 is preferable?
Thanks. Transmission, drive shaft, adapt the accessories to the Mustang if you want AC, power steering. Then you have wiring there are companies that make modified harnesses that work with the Mustang and a GM ECU or you can try it yourself or do a stand alone like Holley and wire the car yourself. That's it at a high level.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Couldn't be happier with it and love how fast it corrects the air fuel. I haven't learned the boost controller yet that's the next thing I need to work on so I can dial in the launch and turn up the power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Couldn't be happier with it and love how fast it corrects the air fuel. I haven't learned the boost controller yet that's the next thing I need to work on so I can dial in the launch and turn up the power.
everyone says they love them so far, what harness did you use?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I used the LS1 harness

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No problem

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Can you post some more pictures about how you have your radiator laid down? Which radiator are you using?

Did the Dominator fit in the pass airbag space as well as the HP did?

I am halfway into laying my radiator at about a 45* angle into the bumper cover of my '95 Cobra and also just placed my order for the Dominator EFI too.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
My lower radiator support was damaged by a previous owner so I had it cut out and replaced with a 1.25" tube and then used a Joe's Racing universal radiator mount. I used a stock F-body radiator and fans just because I knew if I could make that fit then anything aftermarket would surely fit due to how big this stuff is. I did have to add a surge tank as a fill point due to relocating the radiator, I put a 30-35lb cap on the radiator and a 25-27lb cap on the surge tank.

I made this plate to mount it to and notched part of the plastic to clear it all and there was steel back piece I cut out as well.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Perfect thanks. Do you notice any difference in the way it cools now?

I have a CSR (-16an) remote fill point for my upper hose and am using all -16an stuff. Since my radiator is aluminum, we just cut the neck clear off and welded a plate over it. We are on the same page.

Not much room in there after you slide the Dominator in but it is probably the best place to mount it overall. I am waiting for mine to show up but already have a spare dash that I checked the space in and cut a face off a factory airbag to hide it.

Hopefully I can update my thread this time next month.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Seems to be a little better than before but hard to really prove it. I don't really street drive the car much. At the track it hasn't gotten hotter than 171. On a normal pass it will be about 160* after the burnout, 170* after the pass and down to 165* by the time I pull into the pits. That's been in mostly 60-80* weather. Before it would get up to 180* on a pass and cool down to 173-175* back in the pits. Yeah that set up should work good. I plan on doing all -16 stuff down the road with a good radiator and electric pump.

No not a lot of room but really the only thing you need to get to is the plug ends. The usb cable I route through the glove box and put the airbag cover on so when it's all closed up it looks clean.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts