Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can't get the 91 in belt to go on. I even removed the tensioner to see if I could slide it on and I need like another inch to get it on.?
What can I do?
This was a parts project so most of the kit was pieced together by the previous owner. I'm trying my best to get it together
Any ideas? It has the new smaller vortech WP pulley installed already that helped but still not enough

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
Why are you dead set on this 90.5" belt?

Get the correct length belt...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You could get an even smaller water pump pulley, or an under-drive crank pulley, drill a new hole in the vortech bracket and move the idler over, all of which could close in the belt routing.

Or go get a longer damn belt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol thx guys I'll look for a longer belt-
I guess I figured I bolted something up wrong bc this belt came with the kit.... and was supposed to be the correct size according to LMR-

This is my first supercharger/fox build so I'm learning alot...this site is great BTW I'd be lost without your help

·
Registered
640 Posts
Lol thx guys I'll look for a longer belt-
I guess I figured I bolted something up wrong bc this belt came with the kit.... and was supposed to be the correct size according to LMR-

This is my first supercharger/fox build so I'm learning alot...this site is great BTW I'd be lost without your help
If this is your first supercharger I can tell you to get used to having a stockpile of belts on hand. For the most part what you read that worked for others may work for you, but always double check with a string or get a few different sizes to find the correct one.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Could be the pics, but your belt looks like it may be too long. Tensioner looks bottomed out.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Could be the pics, but your belt looks like it may be too long. Tensioner looks bottomed out.
I agree.
@Kingranch - how close is the belt between the tensioner and the water pump?

As for the bypass, not sure if there's a standard hose for that connection.
You could ask the parts store to peruse their radiator hoses and see if you can find one that fits or would fit with slight mods. That's what I did when I added a powerpipe.

·
Registered
640 Posts
if it helps, this is how mine looked when I first installed the Vortech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1991 Deep Emerald Green LX Hatch
SBE 302 - Vortech V3 Si - Performers - GT40 - TFS Stg 1 - FreddyBrown AOD 4STB

1991 Strawberry Red LX - NMRA Limited Street
349 - Vortech V1 Ti - High Ports - Freezy cam - JW T400 - Hughes bolt together

·
Registered
640 Posts
Got it guys thx! 93 inch belt fit good and so clocked the SC
Next question
The yellow x should be connected some hose/90 elbows 2in ID? That's a mondo valve under the intake pipe
Any tips?
As for the valve, just use whatever diameter hose fits the flanges, you will likely have to use some 90 fittings

1 - 13 of 13 Posts