Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i recently picked up a 91 coupe with the 2.3 4cyl. When i first got it i noticed the temperature would barley get above 130 degree and sometimes not even register. So i looked under the hood and saw the radiator was starting to leak a little and appeared to be the original from 91. So i bought a new radiator, thermostat, cap and hoses along with a new ECT sensor and gauge temp sensor. So when i took the water neck off the old thermostat fell apart inside the block so i fished all the pieces out and sure enough it was the stock thermostat from the factory. so i got everything replaced and started it up to bleed the system and got it bled but the electric fan will not come on. If i unplug the ECT sensor the fan immediately comes on and runs until i plug it back in but on it's own it will not turn on. I've been reading up on this and apparently its quite common so i'm wondering if anyone has any insight on this? I've heard the IRCM could be the culprit its pretty much the same thing as on my 95 GT except its called the CCRM. Other then that i have no idea. I've also heard there's a sensor for the fan itself but i think that might be for the 4 plug version of the 2.3 as the that would defeat the purpose of the ECT sensor if it is the job of the computer to tell the fan to kick on? I'm stumped though, i figured id ask for some opinions before i go throwing parts at it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts