Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to build a dart 363. My old combo was nitrous. Was wondering if swapping to turbo would be a good option. Disclaimer I know very little about turbo combos so my ears are open.

car is a track only car. C4 Trans. 373 rear.
Old combo Carb 331 with fox lake e street heads. Victor Jr intake. Quick fuel 650 carb. Holley hp150 fuel pump. . 125hp nos. Car ran best 10.19.

I want to run a 9.50 class.Going to do a dart 363 shortblock. wanted to keep my current heads. May not be ideal but figure I can address them later. I have to buy a new cam and carb.
is it worth going turbo route? If so, what would be a good combo? Again I know very little about them except it seems to be the way everyone is going and it looks like they work damn good.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Would be cheaper to stay nitrous. Turbo is a lot of fun on the street.

for what you are trying to do, I would stay nitrous.

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,059 Posts
Disclaimer I know very little about turbo combos so my ears are open.
Again I know very little about them except it seems to be the way everyone is going and it looks like they work damn good.
stick to what you know or start reading up on the subject and i don't mean the forums
(great starter book is maximum boost by bell)

or listen to bs thats on the forums and help some guy buy new shoes for his sweetheart :love:

Reactions: Mark O'Neal

·
Registered
303 Posts
Story time:
My Fox had a nitrous kit on it in 2018. I wanted to go faster and figured I'd try going with a different power adder (turbo). Fast forward to 2021, car is still not 100% done, I'm now having to learning how to tune it, the kit I bought wasn't the best so I'm upgrading it, and I got another Mustang to scratch that go fast itch. Wouldn't ya know it, I put a nitrous kit on it. I'd stick with the nitrous stuff unless you're ready to have your car down for a while because let me tell you, the learning curve on this turbo stuff is similar to the power you get out of them: exponential.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts