Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replaced my oil pump today and changed oil and filter, still will not push oil out of the pushrods and rockers so im assuming no oil pressure. I have not put a manual gauge on it yet. What could cause this. I know a cracked block and leaving out a oil galley plug could cause it but im quite sure both of those are not the cause

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
the pickup is above the oil meniscus

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Front galley plug.. specifically the front lower left as it feeds the mains and cam then feeds the lifters from the back.

If that's good, the plug under the manifold.

The oil flow in a small block is very simple.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Are you spinning the drill in reverse? It must be spun in reverse to pick up oil.

·
Registered
483 Posts
This is off the subject of oil pressure but you used the wrong cam pin and your cam pin is sticking out proud of the timing gear and the cam bolt washer isn't sitting flush. This will mess up the torque specs of the cam bolt and the bolt could work its way loose over time. Supposed to use the smaller cam pin for this application.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today im going to pull the pan back off and check the depth of my pickup and im going to pull the timing cover to check all the plugs also

·
Registered
483 Posts
Try to rotate the crank slowly as your priming the oil pump first or after you get the pan back on try and see if that works to get oil pressure

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive tried that more than once. I even had my son to turn over the starter while priming

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Today im going to pull the pan back off and check the depth of my pickup and im going to pull the timing cover to check all the plugs also
While you're in there, check the bolts holding the plate on the bottom of the pump to be certain they're tight.

Been there, done that.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts