Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thought 351C 4V head guys would get a kick out of this...

... 1970 351C 4V factory STOCK internals engine refreshed dyno pull ... [email protected] ... [email protected] ...

funny that FORD only rated this 4V eng at 300HP

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Second look brings different perspective. It barely makes not quite 1hp/cubic inch. You could either see that as a "meh" moment or you could say for a factory iron intake and heads with OE exhaust manifolds and stock-ish compression that's pretty good.

And I concur with the above.... what change would a matched cam and headers bring to the dyno?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
here's another related/interesting comparison about 4VB head flow...

& another interesting/related 400M eng one on 4V head flow...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the old 4V heads also love boost too...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Capt
i have 2 1200+ sq ft home shops i fart around in fabing, rebuilding, restoring, playing with toys
and a few more double size parking/storage garages too, i own a few homes in my hood ...

mc1.JPG mc2.JPG mc3.JPG mc4.JPG
finishing up some renos on man cave & trying to get new vinyl siding on other work shop this yr.
ws1.JPG ws2.jpg ws3.jpg ws4.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
That’s a pretty sweet setup you’ve got Boss! Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like you’ve got a few wheels to keep yourself gong for awhile.

I’m looking at bringing my ‘69 Fastback to Tecmotion in Rocky View for some tuning up....Don’t know if you know of the place. Maybe we could meet up after it gets looked at? I’m presently in Airdrie.

Thanks for getting in touch Boss, you seem to have a wealth of knowledge on the Old Ford products.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
father had body shop/car lot/bike shop growing up, first got into the muscle car/bike hobby thing in late 70's, been through hundreds of mc cars & stuff so got a lot of "351" shat collected over the yrs ...

27060.jpg 27061.jpg 27062.jpg 27063.JPG

been expensive hobby, main/only interest has been the early 60's to late 70's stuff, never could get interested much in later stuff until original mustang style came back in 05. sadly hobbys dying off.
27065.jpg 27066.jpg 27067.jpg 27068.jpg

today im much more interested in having fun with > large scale nitro/gas r/c < stuff.
heard of Tecmotion, think your in good hands with them, give me a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
btw, been in restoration/collision/fabrication trade for well over 30yrs so might be able to help you out in that area if you need, also work in arts/entertainment/film industry building/fabing tons of stuff.
an example of some movie vehicle stuff i been involved with making/painting ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts