Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i was finally able to run my 306 last week. And i am extremely happy my goal was to make 400hp and be able to rev it as high as i want, and i got both.

The parts list is a stock F1 block, eagle cast 3 inch crank, eagle forged i beam rods, forged icon pistons with a 6.8cc dome, aluminum ebay speedmaster gt40 heads with 2.05 1.60 valves, a speedmaster victor jr ripoff. I sent the intake and heads to Wes King to port and he did an amazing job. The cam is roughly 550 lift, 290 Duration, on 106 ls. With comp 1.6 rr's, comp edm solid flat tappet lifters, and manley pushrods. And 650 holley dp.
Edit: i forgot to give Chamber size and deck height. The Chambers varied from 58 to 59.5 cc's and we decked it so the piston came out of the hole a bit, just under 6 thousands. Making the cr 11.07

It made 403hp @ 7200 and 339pft @ 5200. It's still on the dyno and needs more tuning, it's still pretty lean and i need to get a distributor that will handle the rpm. If you look at the last dyno sheet below you can see how it stumbles. It also has 20-50 break in oil. Once everything gets ironed out im guessing we can get 25-30 more numbers out of it.

Thanks to everyone that helped out and offered advice, it helped for than you know.

Ps. I know the plug wires got burnt i replaced them after break in.
View attachment 1069110 View attachment 1069111 View attachment 1069112 View attachment 1069113 View attachment 1069114

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats, I’ll be waiting to see how much more you get out of it.

‘’for the drag strip? strip goal?
Yeah my intentions are to take it to the strip. My goal is low 12s. It's going in my 94 mustang. I live about an hour from Las Vegas, but unfortunately there isn't much racing other than NHRA. I'll most likely be in sportsman bracket racing.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Interesting seeing a build done on here with a solid flat tappet, and just as unique that it’s going into a sn95 like that.
Great numbers man, sure will be fun. Have a video of a pull?

Reactions: BrodieLarsen28

·
Registered
306 Posts
looking forward to your final numbers

Reactions: BrodieLarsen28

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting seeing a build done on here with a solid flat tappet, and just as unique that it’s going into a sn95 like that.
Great numbers man, sure will be fun. Have a video of a pull?
No not yet, once the new distributor comes in and we run it again I'll try to get one.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Very cool.
I like seeing unique 306 combos.
I think low 12's will be very attainable in Vegas. Mine runs 12.2's in Phoenix with a poor starting line and equally poor driving.
Please keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts