Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
you realize your question is very very broad that will leave your head spinning with all the options that a 302 has.

millions and millions of internet pages have been created on your single thought alone. I suggest whatever you do, put a b303 cam in it.
Yes I get it was a broad question. I’m new to this I understand building an engine is basically limitless. The whole purpose is to get ideas and research to decide what route would be best. The only thing I know for sure is I want to eventually slap a turbo or twin it.

·
Vendor
12,654 Posts
You would have to define specifically what you want but not with adjectives. Quite a bit of fun is wide open to interpretation. Define a dollar amount, that will determine it all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You would have to define specifically what you want but not with adjectives. Quite a bit of fun is wide open to interpretation. Define a dollar amount, that will determine it all.
I’d like to get somewhere say around 400-500hp. Like to keep it around 5 grand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’d like to get somewhere say around 400-500hp. Like to keep it around 5 grand.
I get that I’m trying to figure out the best route for fueling. Most likely I will go turbo route. I want to make sure I build everything else accordingly. Like I said I’m new to gas engines for the most part besides pretty basic things. This is more a project to learn and get a better understanding and just have fun.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
stroker kit + heads + Cam + machine work + intake = roughly 6 to 7 grand for cast iron crank internals.

That will get you 450+ HP

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
FYI, that first pic you posted is the last 8 numbers of the vehicle VIN the engine and tranny came from. Going EFI or carb? Lots of EFI intake choices as well as carb too. B cam FTW

Reactions: kjb302ho

·
USAF retired
9,347 Posts
Why 400-500HP? AODs fit in them old truck like butta.

·
Registered
388 Posts
What are you putting this in?

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Better raise your budget number upward.
After reading about the problems that guys have had with efi and all the things that they have to check to find out what is wrong, I really wonder if the carburetor would be the way to go or a fitech system.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts