Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question as I am new to the aem 30-1400 I just bought off here I'm going to be running a turbo set up and didn't know if I could run a slot style mass air or if I even needed a mass air set up if I can run speed density . Whats your alls opinions on the best set up?? If I go speed denisity what will I need to do it?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Just run a MAP (speed density) set-up. You'll probably find that's easier to tune as well. Are you aware that AEM no longer offers tech support for these series 1 units?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The vacuum line to the MAP sensor needs to see both vacuum and pressure. Not sure why you think you're screwed. From the tool bar select setup -> sensors -> MAP -> Map wizard -> select your sensor.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
From the tool bar select setup-> sensors->MAP sensor-> MAP Wizard -> select your sensor. Not certain why you thing you may be screwed. The line to the MAP sensor needs to see both vacuum and pressure.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cause I dont know much about this system trying to learn... Thanks for all your help where does the map wire in at what brand do you like and on the vaccum line where should I run it from sorry for so many questions

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Cause I dont know much about this system trying to learn... Thanks for all your help where does the map wire in at what brand do you like and on the vaccum line where should I run it from sorry for so many questions
MAP wired to either pin 5 or 45 on the 30-1400 ems. I'm using an AEM 3.5 bar sensor. The vacuum line can be located where you will see both vacuum (idle & cruise)and boost. I don't think you are going to be able to learn how to make tuning adjustments without the manuals that came the 30-1400.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the CD with the manual just don't have a wiring diagram that I've seen , is there anyone on her that does tunes for ppl?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts