Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a set of Nitto's but I'm not sure as to which ones to get. I have 225/50's on all 4 right now. I don't want to compromise the handling too much because I like the twisties. Is it possible to get close or at 14.0 with the mods I have with my AOD to t-5 swap done?? My best 60 ft's were in the 2.3 area with AOD. Will I need subframe connectors?? Thanks..:)

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edited Sig..;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I say get the 245's. The Nittos seem to be a little smaller(width) than other tires of the same size. My 245 Futuras are wider than my 245 Nittos. My friends 245 Goodyears are wider than his 245 Nittos. I know another guy who 275 Nittos that are not as wide as his 275 Futuras. With that in mind I would say the 225 would be a little small.

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
Definitely get the 245's because you'll be surprised how narrow they are even still. Don't worry too much about the handling, I actually autocross competitively on mine and yes they wiggle but I'll take my car's rear end movement in inches with no wheelspin vs feet with wheelspin. Mine took me from a best of 13.91 with a 2.1-something 60-foot to a 13.56 with a high 1.9 60-foot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts