Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is on the wrong forum but wasn't sure where else to put it.

I have a NOS, 2013 Coyote I'm putting into a 99 150. The truck had a 4.2 in it and the Coyote fits fine. I did have to change the 4.2 motor mounts to 99, 4.6 mounts though. The 2013, 150, 5.0 mounts are very different. The problem I'm having is the engine has an approximate 3 degree lean to the right and I can't find if this is normal or not. Is it?

I haven't done anything about it yet because I can't find a definitive answer and as it sits now and the transmission, new TKO 600 sits fine with the original MR5 mount. Of course it has the same lean.

If this does need to be aligned any experience or advice on lowering the high side or raising the low side? For some reason the right side mount is bolted to the crossmember with no access to one of the nuts and the left side is bolted in with access. Of course I'd prefer to raise if necessary instead of lowering.

I'd really appreciate any experience, help or advice anyone can offer. I've asked on a couple of other forums and never got an answer. It's not all that unusual but that doesn't make it normal for this swap.

This in 99:
Part image

To this in 2013:

Part image

1 - 1 of 1 Posts