Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys know how this hose is called? it goes from the arrow on the top and then separates and connects to the 2 ports on the arrows below. I connected that hose as a temporary fix but I would like to fix it as originally was.

Also what can I use to clean my engine?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Thats the vacuum hose for the EGR valve. The two ports is the EGR vacuum regulator. I would try and see if you can still get it from Ford.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the vacuum hose for the EGR valve. The two ports is the EGR vacuum regulator. I would try and see if you can still get it from Ford.
I have seen a few engine pictures and some seem to not have that part. do you know why is that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I do the EGR delete I wouldn't need the damaged hoses right?

Do any of you that have done the EGR delete have those parts.

I can buy them from you if you don't need them.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
To do an "EGR delete" all you need to do is block off the ports and cap off the vacuum line sources. I am sure someone offers the plates, but it isn't hard to make them either. As for the manifold just find a cap with the same thread. Of course a tune will be needed to keep the check engine light off if that bothers you. As for drivability without a tune, it should be fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do any of you guys know how this hose is called? it goes from the arrow on the top and then separates and connects to the 2 ports on the arrows below. I connected that hose as a temporary fix but I would like to fix it as originally was.

Also what can I use to clean my engine?

Thanks

I would take this engine to a Truck wash, Some times they are
hard to find. I found one here in Jersey about 30 miles from me
but well worth it.

Best of Luck

Blessings
Rusty.YB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts