Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 LX 2.3/5 speed. Bone stock.

I replaced the motor a while back. Exactly the same engine but it was out of a convertible. Everything plugged in fine, no issues. After the engine swap I checked the TPS voltage, it was .89. I like it .99 so I pulled the TPS off and ground the holes out to give it a little bit of adjustment. It's now .99 volts. Only issue I have is that with the A/C off it has a slight bit of a "rough" idle. No big deal, but I am a perfectionist. Idle RPM is 750 (on the stock tach).

Correct me if I'm wrong. I have always set the idle by disconnecting the IAC, setting the idle speed to ....whatever I want...(in most cases around 750 in neutral, on all of the 2.3's I have had I set them around 850), then set the TPS to .95-.99. Then reconnect the IAC and start the engine, double check the TPS, then call it a day.

Is that the right way of doing it on one of these dual plug 2.3's?

·
Corral Charter Member
1,043 Posts
LOL. I haven't seen a TPS adjustment thread in what seems like years.

Do people still try to adjust it?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. On some of our stuff the TPS is fully adjustable (2.3 turbo...). My Lightning is adjustable as well. I just make it a habit to check it. It's also also a habit to pull codes once in a while. Maybe I'm just too picky...but then again, if you had to drive 100 miles twice a day 6 days a week, you'd want to know that it's reliable as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can someone tell me which color wires to hook my volt meter to to get a reading from tps? I am working on a '88 2.3. The only thing I have ever had to check was my SVO and I don't know if the wires are the same or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I checked the tps and it seems good.
I tried to pull codes with my test light KOEO and the test light would not light up at all. That doesn't seem right to me at all. can someone help me out here??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts