Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'93 LX, 2.3. DIS 8 plug.

Had intake valve stuck open. Removed cylinder head, disassembled, freed all valves and replaced the seals. New gaskets. Reassembled. I'm questioning myself on the timing procedure. What I did was set the #1 piston at TDC and then use a string between the centerline of the camshaft sprocket bolt and the aux shaft bolt. Then lined the marks up on them. Starts and runs fine other than a tiny bit of a HLA rattle (they aren't pumped up, and engine only ran maybe 5 seconds). My question is, is there a specific procedure to time the aux shaft on these DIS engines? The oil pump runs off of it via a drive in the block, but the position sensor is on the crankshaft, so I really don't see a reason to be concerned with the aux timing, do you?

Disclaimer...I've done these before, but it's been a long time and my memory ain't good.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For future reference, no, it makes no difference where the aux pulley is on the DIS 2.3's. Just time the crank & cam, and wherever the aux ends up is fine since there is no distributor to mess with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts