Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here is a pic of my white 94 lighing, as of right now it has 75,000 miles on it, mods include: mustang ho roller cam, GT-40 X heads w/1.6 roller rockers, shorty frpp headers flowmaster mufflers, and a svo supercharger by powerdine,makes 5 lb of boost, pulls my mustang to the track with no problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a pic of my white 94 lighing, as of right now it has 75,000 miles on it, mods include: mustang ho roller cam, GT-40 X heads w/1.6 roller rockers, shorty frpp headers flowmaster mufflers, and a svo supercharger by powerdine,makes 5 lb of boost, pulls my mustang to the track with no problem.
so what does anyone think about my tow vehicle?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you like your motor? Except for the boost my F150 4X4 engine is very similar. I have 1.7 roller rockers.

tim
I love it, has good power, pulls my mustang to the race track great. and as of last week, for now im boostless,(the powerdine died) but i have a used paxton novi 1200 on the way.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I love it, has good power, pulls my mustang to the race track great. and as of last week, for now im boostless,(the powerdine died) but i have a used paxton novi 1200 on the way.
I like mine very much too. It is a little soft off idle, but I think most of that could be in the need for a tune.

tim

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the powerbomb died since the first post, found a paxton novi 1200 head unit here on corral, installed it with the same pulleys that were on powerdine ( it boosted 5lb) and the paxton boosed around 11, maby 12 on first drive lifted a head gasket. (thats just my luck) I could not let up fast enough when i seen over 10lb.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
pic

here is a few pics of the powerdine after it started making a noise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the powerbomb died since the first post, found a paxton novi 1200 head unit here on corral, installed it with the same pulleys that were on powerdine ( it boosted 5lb) and the paxton boosed around 11, maby 12 on first drive lifted a head gasket. (thats just my luck) I could not let up fast enough when i seen over 10lb.
Holy #### lol. That sucks though man, but at least you only popped a head gasket.

Nice truck btw. Love the clean white.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
got the heads back on, installed a larger pulley on paxton novi 1200 supercharger, still making 8lb boost getting into the throttle slow, so i let up earily in the rpm range before it boosted over 8lb, then today traded head units with my dad, he has an 89 gt w/vortech si trim, made 10lb on his car w/2.75 pulley, then after the swap the paxton made 13lb on dads car, letting up earily in the rpm range also.then the sc trim made 7lb on the lighting, problem solved, I wanted less boost on the lighting, dad wanted more on the mustang.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update, traded head units with dad, he raced at bristol street fights, now the paxton is down, traded back so he could race at the blue oval bash at bristol dragway, after the paxton is repaired we will swap back, for now the lighting is n/a.....

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
repaired and sold the paxton, installed a vortech s-trim...post up some pics later...

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Nice. Use to have a white 94 with a sq vortech/powerstroke intercooler setup I did back around 2000-2001. Miss it sometimes,was a fun truck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
94 lighting

Nice! Ill be putting a Vortech Si trim V3 in mine soon..

Also scared of blowing a head gasket.. Ill try to keep it at 6-8 lbs no more than that..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358657032.891018.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S 1/2

1 - 20 of 25 Posts