Ford Mustang Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I was having a slight tire rub in the rear when I had any weight in the car, or a full tank of gas. It sat pretty low in the back with the eibach springs so I did the Maximum Motorsport adjustable rear lower control arms. I have them maxed at the moment and will play with the ride height the next couple of days to see where it needs to be. These control arms, like all of the MM stuff is top quality.

I love the way this car looks from behind

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
A little walk around video

Reactions: thenemesis

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
One thing that has bothered me is that the seats in my car are wrong. They were 1990 style seats with the pullout bolster. 1993 Opal gray is a one year only interior color for foxes, so finding 1993 seats is difficult. I had the original SSP seats which are the basic 4cyl style seats, but I didn't really want to put those back in. I was fortunate enough to meet a guy here that I have been helping with his cars. Come to find out his 1988 for some reason has 1993 Opal gray sport seats in good shape. He traded his seats for mine which I thought was super cool of him to do! Here are the new front seats.

Reactions: Chucko

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Started stripping my hood to repaint it. It may look ok in the pictures, but it was not good.

Will post a picture when it's painted again. Hopefully by Tuesday.

Reactions: thenemesis

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Hood is done. It came out pretty good although there is very minor "striping" on one small area. I can live with it.

Now my wife wants me to paint the hood on her car. I guess I will.......

Reactions: 92LX302

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
Yes, it has been a long time since I updated this thread. Car has gone through some changes. I built a .30 over 306 forged bottom end with TFS 11R heads and an On3 Turbo this past year.

Reactions: 91GTstroked

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 · (Edited)
New seat upholstery (yes that's a 5 speed shifter. I went back and forth a couple of times. Back to AOD now)

Reactions: 91GTstroked

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Awesome build man. Keep it up.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,062 Posts
Awesome story. Reminds me of when I did mine much like your restore job. I went with a Lentech full manual AOD Back in 2003 when I did mine. Still LUV it.

I considered a turbo but with 425ish fwhp I am good here. Many curvy roads in TN so Uber power isn’t as useful as when I lived in flat straight FL road country. Sick power stangs there.

Nice to read the update!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
This is the TMI upholstery. Not EXACTLY like factory but pretty close. Quality is not the best in my opinion.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts