Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1993 I bought a brand new SSP (Police Package) Mustang from Windward Ford in Kailua Hawaii. My job made it possible for me to buy an SSP Mustang new. It was Royal Blue (93 only color) and I kept it until 2003. I sold it because we had just bought our house, and had our second (of eventually 3) kids. I hated to see it go...it hurt. Here is the car in 2002 ish..

Since then I have had numerous mustangs but always wished I had my blue SSP. The one that gave me my screen name here and on stangnet.

Last week around 9:30 p.m. I saw an ad on craigslist. It had no picture and simply said "1993 Mustang coupe. Project car. Needs lots of work. $1500". So I texted the owner, and chatted via text briefly and I asked to see the car the next day which he agreed. I kept having this weird feeling that I can't explain. I just knew it was somehow going to be my SSP car.

I went to look at it at 8:30 a.m. the next day. I walked into the guys shop and there was a black notch. I walked up to the drivers side window and immediately saw the trunk release on the left knee bolster (SSP Specific). Then I saw the 160 mph Calibrated Speedometer (again SSP Specific). I thought "well at least it is an SSP, even if it's not my old one....but my heart was racing. I opened the door and saw blue door jambs...Royal Blue...I looked at the vin...MINE! I had found my old car! The owner was SUPER COOL. I told him the story about being the original owner and we struck a deal. $1200.

Taking it home

The owner said come back later for the rest of the "parts"...little did I know......

It turned out my friend Scott (Shopo27) worked with the guy I got the car from, and was friends with him. He came and picked me up with his truck and we went back for the parts. Here they are.

Recently rebuilt short block.

Cobra intake

AFR Heads with Crane Roller Rockers

T-5

Aluminum driveshaft (The one I bought in 1995!)

Time to get to work........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Even if it wasn't my old car I would have bought it as the deal was amazing. Car has no rust and is really straight. Been cleaning the engine bay in preparation for paint. After that I will assemble the drive train and install that.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The original blue paint.

I started gutting the interior so I could fix the shifter hole which was butchered. Shifter hole with some "added space" for the Tremec 3550 which was once in there.

Welded in the piece I got out of a parts car. That is sealant and undercoating around the seam.

And back ready for the AOD.

I know most people go the other way, AOD to T-5 but this car was an original automatic and I have a beefed up AOD with a shift kit so it's going back to automatic.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Wicked! I love seeing when guys get their old cars back and restore. Good deal on the stuff and hope you have a good time restoring it!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I finished cleaning up the floor pan. Man are these still in great shape!

I cleaned the factory original carpet the other day, pressure washed and let it sit in the hot sun for two days. It came out pretty amazing!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Looks great and congrats for finding your original car. I also pressure washed my carpet and let it dry before I put it back in. Huge difference.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Engine bay almost ready for paint.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have the engine bay painted.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wow....

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Laid down the base coat...

And yeah, I know....engine bays are not clear coated from the factory but I like it this way.

Time to put the engine together and install.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And here are the buck tags.

·
Registered
996 Posts
In 1993 I bought a brand new SSP Mustang from Windward Ford in Kailua Hawaii. My job made it possible for me to buy an SSP Mustang new. It was Royal Blue (93 only color) and I kept it until 2003. I sold it because we had just bought our house, and had our second (of eventually 3) kids. I hated to see it go...it hurt. Here is the car in 2002 ish..

Since then I have had numerous mustangs but always wished I had my blue SSP. The one that gave me my screen name here and on stangnet.

Last week around 9:30 p.m. I saw an ad on craigslist. It had no picture and simply said "1993 Mustang coupe. Project car. Needs lots of work. $1500". So I texted the owner, and chatted via text briefly and I asked to see the car the next day which he agreed. I kept having this weird feeling that I can't explain. I just knew it was somehow going to be my SSP car.

I went to look at it at 8:30 a.m. the next day. I walked into the guys shop and there was a black notch. I walked up to the drivers side window and immediately saw the trunk release on the left knee bolster (SSP Specific). Then I saw the 160 mph Calibrated Speedometer (again SSP Specific). I thought "well at least it is an SSP, even if it's not my old one....but my heart was racing. I opened the door and saw blue door jambs...Royal Blue...I looked at the vin...MINE! I had found my old car! The owner was SUPER COOL. I told him the story about being the original owner and we struck a deal. $1200.

Taking it home

The owner said come back later for the rest of the "parts"...little did I know......

It turned out my friend Scott (Shopo27) worked with the guy I got the car from, and was friends with him. He came and picked me up with his truck and we went back for the parts. Here they are.

Recently rebuilt short block.

Cobra intake

AFR Heads with Crane Roller Rockers

T-5

Aluminum driveshaft (The one I bought in 1995!)

Time to get to work........
I am trying to do the same. Sold mine in 2000.

Reactions: Mstng93SSP

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just found this thread, i'm pumped for you! Great to find your old car....Makes me want to find my first Mustang. It was a black on black 2000 GT. I traded it in on a 03 Mach 1....and have wanted the car back ever since.

I like the car, man!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have to tell you. When i was looking for a notch at this time last year, i found a dark blue just like yours that was covered with black paint also, and i'm not kidding they had a silver hood on it. I almost said no way, when i found this thread, but the one i was looking at was in Las Vegas. I was going to drive there from Colorado where i live and trailer it home. I went to leave and the powerstroke 350 i was taking #### the bed. So i had to give up on the car. I ended up with my grey notch, but would have liked to have the blue one. I was digging for the pic i have it, i'll post it when i find it, you'll laugh when you see it.

found it...
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's so funny as my car came with the 10 hole rims when I bought it new. They look like twins!

Reactions: joe

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the engine assembled. Hopefully my flex plate bolts get here this week and then this thing will have a drivetrain again.

Reactions: joe

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put on my new radiator core support decals.

And installed the engine.

It's progress. Got the engine, trans and driveshaft installed along with all the wiring. Tomorrow I should finish up the exhaust.

I'm tired!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts