Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just purchased this CD player out of a 1993 Mustang Cobra. I was hoping to put it in my 1993 coupe with premium sound. When I went to install it, I was unable to due to the fact that at least two connectors were different. This CD player looks exactly like the one that I had in my 1993 Cobra, and I thought it would connect right up. My car has the large blue factory wire that connects to the back of the stereo and one other connector that also plugs in, but evidently there are a couple different. Does anyone know what is necessary to finish this install? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If not, I will have to sell it. I payed a steep $258. for it on E-bay, (you can check on completed items.) Let me know what you think...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a new (took it out when I bought the car) 1993 GT AM/FM CD Player... If interested let me know... I can check the wiring harness for you...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Factory CD player

I have a factory player in my 89 GT and it works great. I actually think it is from around a 92/93 FORD. I have had it in atleast 3 different vehicles. My particular unit has it's own amp that is seperate from the radio. The factory wires plug into the amp and then there is a harness from the amp to the radio. Had to take the "premimum" amp out of mustang to make it work and it was quite the trick to get that larger amp under the back of the console middle hidden. Well if you havent got it figured out drop me a PM. Maybe could try to get a pic or 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this thread is ages old.... but did you really get a '93 premium CD radio to work in an older Fox Mustang? I'm trying to figure out how to do this. I have a '93 premium CD radio, the blue cable to the under-the-seat amp and the amp itself. Someone, please instruct me as to this gets wired up to work.

Many thanks,
Steve & the '88 GT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts