Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - new here and am researching answers for how to upgrade the front brakes. this has the original 4 cyl spindle and brake set up.

I am using an engine plate. I want to go to a tubular K member kit with a arms and coil overs. Will the 4 cyl spindle work and what upgrades can I do to the front brakes? I have four lug wheels and would like to stay with the wheels I have as they are new alum drag lites
Any suggestions to what mfg to go with on the K member kit?

thanks Jeff

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
139 Posts
First time post here, but I've been researching the same thing you're up against.. The 4cyl spindle is a lot different than the one used for the V8. You would be best to change them over to the V8 spindles from a 87-93 since you want to keep the 4lug wheels like me. You will run into struts-coilovers not fitting, as well as being very limited on what you can do to upgrade your brakes. That's one area you'll really need to look at since you're going to a big block with all that weight on the front of the car.. That's just my $0.02 worth but you can research it yourself, there's a good article on it on Maximum Motorsports webpage if you wanna look it up... Cheers!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts