Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for tuning this or is there an easy EFI swap. If so where and who has it?

I started with this clean fox:

Then added this:

It runs and drives great but it's lean at WOT. I installed an MSD BTM for the timing a 255 intank pump and a FMU but it's still lean at WOT. I'm thinking a mass air swap is a must.

Any thoughts?

·
Please call me Mike
1,602 Posts
Lot of people run the Megasquirt ecu for 4 cylinder cars. Normal my they run speed Density.

My 93 tempo is Maf. I'm surprised your mustang isn't. What year is engine management from?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lot of people run the Megasquirt ecu for 4 cylinder cars. Normal my they run speed Density.

My 93 tempo is Maf. I'm surprised your mustang isn't. What year is engine management from?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It has the original 87 ECM. The car was bone stock when I picked it up for my son. The original owner was 65yr old and the car has 60k on the clock. I figured it was something that looked cool and wouldn't kill him. It made 62hp at the tire before the turbo. I'm looking for a 30hp increase.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Be very careful with boost levels! If all you changed was the turbo, fuel pump, and intercooler than you could be sitting on a time bomb if you push it too hard. You'll need an ecu to match the injectors and VAM that you're running. You also have cast pistons in there that will scatter if you run lean. I did the turbo swap using an '88 TC motor. I'm using the stock TC LA3 ecu but I've built a megasquirt ms2 that I'll be installing soon. You also want to get a wide band on there soon so you can keep an eye on everything. Here's my setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an AEM wideband installed and a boost gauge. I'm running 10psi of boost. I do not plan on making any more boost ever. It's just something cool for my kid and I to work on.

Right now I'm using a NOS fuel soleniod hooked to a hob switch. When the hob switch see boost it turns on the fuel soleniod that is hooked to a #20 fuel jet. This squirts fuel into the intake where the EGR use to be and assist the FMU.

When you say VAM are you talking about a vain air meter? If so this car is speed density. I see you are in IL. How far are you from Hampshire. I wouldn't mind giving you some cheap dynotime in return for checking out your megasquirt setup.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm about 4 hrs away. Just north of I-70 on the Indiana state line. I'll take you up on that. I hope to get it installed this spring. I was referring to the vane air meter. The megasquit ditches the vam all together. I'm working on an adapter harness at the moment to plug into the stock harness.
None of my pics are working for some reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
It lives!

My ms2 is up and running. It's really a cool system. I'd love to take you up on the dyno offer sometime. As soon as I put the tranny back together of course. I'll PM you.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts