Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I have a question that hopefully someone out there can point me in the correct direction.
Situation:
I bought a non running 1984 turbo GT pretty much complete with the exception of someone attempting to wire a coil into the system by cutting the wires to the TFI and it having a bad flywheel.
Well bought a flywheel and starter from Autozone, figured out the TFI wiring and it started and ran fine, a little down on power but I didnt have timing light but it started and ran, only issue the Autozone flywhel crapped out.
SO I pulled a Ford flywheel out of an 83 or 84 ranger and put it in and hooked up a 3 inch exhaust.
Hence this is where the problem began
after that it would start but all of a sudden the tach would start to bounce, yuoi could hear the timing adjust by the computer and it would start running excessivly rich ( Black Smoke ) and start popping out of the exhaust and then quit.
If I left the key in the run position at times you could hear it sparking in the distributor from the coil.
Changed the TFI, Distributor, new EEC,and VAM with no change
Any other Ideas.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you scanned the ecu for codes? Start with the basics to rule out the easy stuff such as timing, vacuum leaks, etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts