Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
I received you're parts Jan 3rd and they left my place Jan 9th...all is good I hope
Damn, you are quick.:salute:

I thought I had more time to get other things ready.:eek:

The parts sat at my office for 5 days before UPS came and picked them up.

I'm not a great painter, but the parts are looking good. I will post up nicer pictures tomorrow when I start to install them on my Explorer motor.

Thanks again for the quick and great work!!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
How would you adapt the wheel to an ATI balancer that is flat? From what I recall there really isn't anywhere to take out material from like the balancer that you posted.

Plus, with a supercharged application the pulley alignment is pretty important as well.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My personal dart block 427 has a ATI balancer with this set up on it. It has a 3/16" spacer behind the trigger wheel..then the wheel, then the pulley. The pulley I have is a special on cut for use with a MSD crank trigger. So it hac a male located on it. Not sure what you have going on with youre super charger pulley. Would need pics.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
My personal dart block 427 has a ATI balancer with this set up on it. It has a 3/16" spacer behind the trigger wheel..then the wheel, then the pulley. The pulley I have is a special on cut for use with a MSD crank trigger. So it hac a male located on it. Not sure what you have going on with youre super charger pulley. Would need pics.
There is nothing going on with the s/c pulley. I was just saying I wanted to know where I could machine the balancer to take up the thickness of the wheel.

Do you have pics of your ATI setup?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the parts painted and installed on my Explorer motor. I am using a different balancer in these pictures;but, it uses the same pulley spacer.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did you need that many spacers? Which timing cover do you have? You can pop that metal cover off the sensor, you won't be needing it. I can make you another bracket if you want? I would just need the total height.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Did you need that many spacers? Which timing cover do you have? You can pop that metal cover off the sensor, you won't be needing it. I can make you another bracket if you want? I would just need the total height.
The timing cover is from a 83 5.0 from what I can remember. It has the ability to use a mechanical fuel pump.

The spacers don't bother me because it still seems to work. That is not the balancer I sent you. I will try and mock up the system on my 347 with the balancer I sent you this weekend. The 347 uses a newer fox timing cover with mounting holes for the Explorer crank sensor. I will let you if there is a difference with respect to the spacers.

Thanks,
Rob

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Just get a explorer cam sensor. I now have adapters to put 3.8 cam sensors in a 351w. This is a drop in deal.

so wait, which one should people get? the explorer 5.0 one or the 3.8 one? I'm assuming the pictured one is a 3.8 sensor with the height adjuster under it.

did you swap cam gears on the 3.8 sensor or just use the one it had? is it just functioning as a dummy drive or are you wiring it in?

·
Registered
101 Posts
so wait, which one should people get? the explorer 5.0 one or the 3.8 one? I'm assuming the pictured one is a 3.8 sensor with the height adjuster under it.

did you swap cam gears on the 3.8 sensor or just use the one it had? is it just functioning as a dummy drive or are you wiring it in?
If you have a 302 block, use the 5.0 Explorer cam sensor.

If you have a 351W block, use the 3.8 sensor with Wildstreet's spacer.

Both can be configured to provide a sync signal to the AEM EMS.

·
Registered
470 Posts
im about ready to finish my setup on this. what needs to get done on the computer and what paramaters need to be changed

·
Registered
470 Posts
Went from a 347 with epm to a dart 408 to this conversion.wildstreet 12 tooth wheel setup. Got things wired up from other posts on here but not to sure on the computer side. I did the jumper change in the computer. Got the Cadillac coils from when using epm. Getting ready to start motor within 2 weeks prob. I did copy the settings from the other thread also but thought that was a diff wheel like 24. Just wanna have no hiccups when I start it. Lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Took the info from explorer sensor thread by Donavan

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Send him a PM, he last logged on here yesterday.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Bringing this back up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there any provision to adjust the sensor to align with the trigger wheel? (I am not talking sensor to wheel gap)

Or, is this handled by the sync function in the AEM? I am confused on how the wheel and sensor is calibrated to the injector/ignition firing order timing.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts